Cover Letter

Nahin Imtiaz

(929)-398-0337 | nimtiaz000@citymail.cuny.edu

September 21, 2019

Hiring Manager

Google

76 Ninth Avenue, 4th Floor

New York, NY 10011

Dear Hiring Manager:

I am a senior Computer Science student at The City College of New York. I am writing in response to your advertisement at Indeed.com on September 15th for Software Engineering Intern, BS summer 2020. Would you please consider me for the position? I believe that my academic training in data structure, algorithm and coding languages such as Java, C++, and python would qualify me for the position.

The data structure course that I have taken from Stony Brook University has prepared me well in Java Object-oriented programming through several projects that consisted of creating simulations, extracting data from websites, making solitaire card games and an individual project where I had to make a data structure for a food restaurants register. The algorithm course that I have taken in the City College of New York has trained me well to create algorithms for projects like those in an efficient way.

The python course that I have taken in The City College of New York has helped me to utilize its immense number of libraries in my probability and statistics course. We have used python to extract data’s, visualize the data statistics and calculate distributions.

More information about my education and experience is included on the enclosed résumé, but I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you at your convenience to discuss my application. I would be available Friday to Sunday.  Please call me or leave a message anytime at (929)-398-0337 or e-mail me at nimtiaz000@citymail.cuny.edu. Thanks for your consideration. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Nahin Imtiaz